Rhymes & Reasons: The Music of John Denver
- Aug 31, 2017 Through Jan 7, 2018
The life of GRAMMY-winning singer, songwriter, actor, activist, and humanitarian John Denver is celebrated in the GRAMMY Museum's exhibit Rhymes & Reasons: The Music of John Denver. Having opened at the GRAMMY Museum in downtown Los Angeles on Jan. 26, 2017, the exhibit chronicles Denver’s life, philanthropy and creative inspirations through unique artifacts from the private collection of the John Denver estate.
This special exhibit features items such as:
- Custom-designed stage costumes worn by Denver
- The tuxedo he wore to host the 22nd Annual GRAMMY Awards® in 1979
- His round vintage “granny glasses”
- Handwritten lyrics for his folk classic “Calypso”
- Guitars played by Denver
- Photographs from his archive
- Denver's GRAMMY that he was awarded posthumously for 1997 for Best Musical Album for Children for All Aboard!
- And other artifacts
Exhibit Available For Rental
Contact Hillary Morimoto, [email protected]