FRI – SAT: 10:00 – 8:00P
- This event has passed.
The GRAMMY Museum, in cooperation with BET Networks, unveils the BET Awards: Lifetime Achievement Honorees exhibition. Located on the Museum’s third floor, this limited-time display is an extension of the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE, and celebrates all recipients of the BET Lifetime Achievement Award from 2001-2013.
On display temporarily through Aug. 24, 2013, the exhibit will feature:
• Tony Ward gown worn by Whitney Houston at the 2010 BET Honors
• Original James Brown jumpsuit, worn onstage in the 1970s
• Dress worn by Chaka Khan at the 2013 BET Honors
• Stage costume worn by Charlie Wilson in the 1980s and 2000s
• 2010 BET Awards show outfit worn by Patti LaBelle for the Prince tribute
• And much more!
The complete list of BET Lifetime Achievement honorees is:
2001: Whitney Houston
2002: Earth Wind & Fire
2003: James Brown
2004: The Isley Brothers
2005: Gladys Knight
2006: Chaka Khan
2007: Diana Ross
2008: Al Green
2009: The O’Jays
2011: Patti LaBelle
2012: Maze featuring Frankie Beverly
2013: Charlie Wilson