Pride & Joy: The Texas Blues of Stevie Ray Vaughan
The Bullock Texas State History Museum (Austin, Texas)
- Mar 10, 2016 Through Jul 23, 2017
Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Pride & Joy: The Texas Blues of Stevie Ray Vaughan, a traveling exhibit curated by the GRAMMY Museum, offers visitors an in-depth look at the iconic career of Stevie Ray Vaughan. Jimmie Vaughan, Stevie’s brother, serves as a guest curator.
I'm excited to partner with the GRAMMY Museum to honor my brother and his music. I know Stevie’s many fans will enjoy this exhibit, as many of his personal, never-before-seen items will be on display. I hope by doing this, it will remind people of the incredible musician he was and all the music and love he gave to the world. I miss him every day.
- Jimmie Vaughan
Items featured in the exhibit include:
- several guitars, including Vaughan’s “Number One” Fender Stratocaster;
- early family photographs;
- original stage outfits, including Vaughan’s famous Indian headdress;
- handwritten lyrics;
- original concert posters/ tour ephemera;
- and much more…