I Am, I Said: Selections from the Neil Diamond Collection
- Closed May 10, 2010
M-F 10:30am - 6:30pm,
Sat-Sun 10:00am - 6:30pm
On June 27, 2009, The GRAMMY Museum unveils I Am, I Said: Selections from the Neil Diamond Collection. This one-of-a-kind exhibit features a selection of personal and iconic pieces from Diamond's own archives.
As a songwriter whose works are ingrained in our cultural memory, a performer whose dynamic shows are legendary, and a public figure whose generosity is significant and longstanding, Neil Diamond is a major and beloved American figure. We're excited and honored for this opportunity to showcase, reveal, and celebrate his music and career with our visitors.
- Chief Curator Ken Luftig Viste
The exhibit features:
- Four full stage costumes, including those worn on the covers of the albums Hot August Night and The Jazz Singer
- The guitar upon which Diamond wrote his early hits
- Original handwritten lyrics spanning Diamond's career from the 1970s to the present
- Diamond's high-school letterman's sweater for fencing